Thursday, July 26, 2007

7/23 Saskatchewan Glacier


We took the advice of an ardent glacier fan, and hiked up Parker's Ridge to view a glacier in it natural glory.


To view Saskatchewan Glacier was a vertical climb of between 210 and 270 meters. How we misjudged what that meant, I don't know, but we decided to do it.


At first, we were climbing through trees, and with the exception of a few showers, all went well.


As we got higher, we ran into remanents of last winter's snow still on the ground.


This whole area looks just like the setting for The Sound of Music , but it was so windy, we could not replicate Alexa running through the wildflowers like Julie Andrews.


We are close to the summit -- if it looks high, steep, and exhausting, you are right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That hike looks awesome! I wish that I could have done it. The mountain is so green and so it just looks so beautiful.

1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home